ALBCONTROL’s Environmental Management Policy arises directly from the revised Convention and the launch of the ATM Strategy for the years 2000+:
“In order to achieve harmonization and integration with the aim of establishing a uniform European ATM system, the Contracting Parties agree to strengthen their co-operation and to develop their joint activities in the field of air navigation, making due allowance for defence needs and providing maximum freedom for all airspace users consistent with the required level of safety in the provision of cost-effective air traffic services, and taking into account the need to minimize, where this is feasible, inter alia, in operational, technical and economic terms, any adverse environmental impact”.
EUROCONTROL Environmental Strategy
In order to achieve the aims of the policy statement, the Agency will progress the following with its stakeholders, in particular, the civil and military users of the airspace, the ANS providers, the airport authorities, the national environmental authorities of the Member States
EUROCONTROL Environmental Policy Statement
The EUROCONTROL Agency will, in progressing its work towards a uniform European ATM System, take fully into account the need to mitigate, where feasible, any adverse environmental impact. Furthermore, as reflected in the EUROCONTROL ATM Strategy for 2000+, the Agency’s general environmental objective will be to work closely with ICAO, the European Union and other relevant international and national bodies to obtain those improvements in ATM which, while providing significant operational, technical and economic benefits, mitigate the environmental impact.
ALBCONTROL’s Environmental Management Policy is consistent with its Mission and Vision. ALBCONTROL is committed to mitigate the environmental impacts of its operations from the design to the deployment of the organization-wide environmental management system (EMS) conformant with ISO 14001 :
- Guarantee of pollution prevention to cost effectively reduce the waste, noise and energy consumption
- Review and Integration of environmental management with other Management Systems, ensuring the continual improvement of the environmental management system.
- Ensuring the communication of this Environmental Policy to all employees and all interested external parties.
- Endorsement and compliance with legal and other requirements to which we subscribe.
- Notifying of Environmental Targets, followed by agreed plans of actions in order to achieve the Environmental Objectives
- In addition to addressing safety, capacity and efficiency requirements, both the amended and the revised EUROCONTROL Convention will provide the appropriate basis for the development of a EUROCONTROL Environmental Policy and Strategy and for the Agency to take environmental issues fully into account in all its ATM activities when progressing operational ATM improvements. The implementation and application of CNS/ATM measures associated with such improvements should provide environmental benefits wherever possible. In this context, the Agency will assess its ATM activities in determining its ATM related environmental impact. Furthermore, it will ensure that environmental considerations are an essential part of the ATM decision making process. The benefits of synergy resulting from close cooperation with others, particularly the European
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY (OHSAS 18001:2007/ 45001:2018)
ALBCONTROL’s Occupational Health and Policy is consistent with its Mission and Vision. The Occupational Safety Management System (SMS) govern all activities undertaken on ALBCONTROL’s sites by all functionally relevant entities – Divisions, Departments, Units. SMS is conforming to the requirements of international standard OHSAS 18001:2007.
We as ALBCONTROL:
- Comply with local legislation and all directives, related to Health and Safety at work.
- Organizes, maintain and use a set of OH&S-specific strategic Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to both measure performance and monitor trends against OH&S set targets.
- Maintain and use evaluation records for the effectiveness of all OH&S training programs in order to continually improve the delivery of training.
- Finalize, maintain and use the assessment records for the OH&S performance of every functionally relevant entity to our site.
- Organize, maintain and use separate process and plant OH&S owners’ schedules/logs with clearly defined responsibilities and authorities.
- Recognize and honour exemplary OH&S behaviours exhibited by any functionally relevant entity on our site and will also take appropriate corrective and/or disciplinary actions as required.
- Manage with appropriate knowledge networks to exchange the world’s top class OH&S practices.
INFORMATION SECURITY POLICY (ISO 27001:2013)
ALBCONTROL is committed to safeguard the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all physical and electronic information assets of the institution to ensure that regulatory, operational and contractual requirements are fulfilled. The overall goals for information security at ALBCONTROL are the following:
- Complying with methods from international standards for information security, e.g. ISO/IEC 27001.
- Committing to comply with business and legal regulatory requirements and contractual security obligations
- Complying with requirements for confidentiality, integrity and availability for ALBCONTROL’s employees and other users.
- Establishing controls for protecting ALBCONTROL’s information and information systems against theft, abuse and other forms of harm and loss.
- Motivating Managers and Employees to maintain the responsibility for, ownership of and knowledge about information security, in order to minimize the risk of security incidents.
- Ensuring that ALBCONTROL is capable of continuing their services even if major security incidents occur.
- Ensuring the protection of personal data (privacy).
- Ensuring the availability and reliability of the network infrastructure and the services supplied and operated by ALBCONTROL.
- Ensuring that external service providers comply with ALBCONTROL’s information security needs and requirements.
- Developing and implementing measurable policies and processes while considering the protection of the organization’s information assets from all threats both internal and external
- Continually improving the Information Security Management System through the establishment and regular review of measurable security objectives at relevant functions and levels of the organization;
- Providing systems for protection against unauthorized access
- Ensuring confidentiality of data
- Developing, implementing, and test a Business Continuity Plan
- Creating mechanisms to identify and review the risk and impact of breaches in protected information
- Communicating all pertinent security policies to Customers, Employees and other interested parties as applicable
SERVICE MANAGEMENT POLICY (ISO 20000-1:2011)
ALBCONTROL constantly improves the quality of its services, responding to the changing demands of the customers on time. This is achieved by implementing, maintaining and developing continually the Service Management System in conformity with the ISO 20000:2011 requirements.
In conformance to its requirements ALBCONTROL:
- Secure and commits to the Continuous Improvement of services provided to customers
- Elaborate the air navigation services in conformity with the Republic of Albania’s and international legislation, standards and recommended practices to ensure flight safety and aviation security.
- Renders that all service targets established by the customer are achieved
- Verifies and assures that high quality of purchasable services and products and guarantees careful selection of the external suppliers.
- In all cases Top Management Personnel commit themselves to set objectives, which reflect the quality-related aims of the enterprise, and seek to implement them;
- Can guarantee sufficient capacity and availability of its resources and equipment to ensure service delivery
- Ensures all answers related to all service related inquires to the customers in order to achieve better customer satisfaction
- Set up good communication channels with the customers