Aeronautical Information Services (AIS)
The Aeronautical Information Services (AIS) ensure the provision of aeronautical data and aeronautical information necessary for the safety, regularity and efficiency of air navigation.
The AIS receive, collate or assemble, edit, format, publish, store and distribute aeronautical data and aeronautical information concerning the entire territory of Albania as well as those areas over the high seas in which Albania is responsible for the provision of air traffic services.
The AIS ensure that aeronautical data and aeronautical information are available for:
- personnel involved in flight operations, including flight crews, flight planning, and flight simulators;
- ATS providers responsible for flight information service, and
- the services responsible for pre-flight information.
The AIS obtain aeronautical data and aeronautical information to provide pre-flight information service and to meet the need for in-flight information from:
- the aeronautical information services of other States;
- other sources that may be available.
The AIS provide 24-hour services for NOTAM origination and issuance in the Tirana FIR and for pre-flight information needed in relation to route stages originating at the aerodrome/heliport in the Tirana FIR.
The AIS make available to the AIS of other States aeronautical data and aeronautical information required by them.